OSP Surface Finish Available In-HouseWhat is OSP surface finish?
Organic Surface Preservative (OSP) is an organic solderability protectant process and provides a thin, uniform, non-tacky film capable of maintaining the solderability of the copper surface through multiple soldering thermal cycles. It has a slight pinkish tint color. The process is easily controlled and is more economical than metallic finishes that provide similar protection. The film thickness is essentially self-limiting and is easily controlled via the operating parameters.
What are the advantages of OSP?
- Offers a flat, coplanar surface (similar to immersion finishes).
- Less expensive than other immersion finishes.
- Solderability is maintained through three I.R. soldering cycles.
- Reliable against moisture from a long term point of view.
- VOC free material.
- Lead-free applications.
What are the disadvantages of OSP?
- Could be easily decomposed by water dew and sweat, boards should be handled with gloves.
- Visual inspection of OSP finish is virtually impossible.
How do I get more information on OSP surface finish?
Contact your Saturn Sales Representative or firstname.lastname@example.org